CE#84426 -Operating a cash practice offers numerous advantages, including increased control over pricing, reduced administrative burdens, and enhanced patient-provider relationships. However, it also comes with its own set of challenges and risks. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations specific to cash practices can lead to severe consequences, including legal penalties, loss of licensure, and damage to professional reputation. This class aims to equip practitioners with the knowledge and tools to navigate the legal landscape, ensuring compliance and mitigating potential risks.
A common reason Doctors of Chiropractic end up in front of their state board having to answer to them for a
complaint is due to non-compliance in regards to their financial policies, collection methods, and fee structures,
often triggered by disputes with a patient over a refund calculation. Not having finances set up correctly and
compliantly increases the risk management for the Doctor of Chiropractic and opens them up to med-legal
challenges. The intent of this course is to teach the Doctor of Chiropractic how to properly and compliantly set
up their financial policies.
Dr. Fucinari will set the record straight on the rules and regulations about a cash practice.
• Understand government regulations and industry trends
• Learn documentation guidelines and requirements
• Identify legal aspects of proper documentation in the Standard of Care
• Give clinical examples to utilize the ABN form properly
• Learn how to handle Medicare legally and ethically while maintaining a cash-based practice.